Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I am a 16 year old boy and I am trying to start my own business. However no one takes me seriously!?

Basically, I have rights to 2,000 Auto-Rickshaws in India and I plan to use them for Advertising purposes. I have tried to raise the necessary $10,000 for Start-up costs (Starting a company, hiring legal help, getting Placards for Advertising, etc.) but everyone looks at my age and translates that into incompetence. I am frustrated as I have spent hours of rational thought into the idea and I am trying to document a flaw, but as far as I can envision it is a perfectly good idea. As a 16 year old, I do not have accumulated Capital. My parents are not very supportive either. I believe that what I have is a good, planned concept without any clear means of Capital accrual. Everything else, I have worked with and executed. I am confused and on the verge of giving up, and because of my age, lose out on a good opportunity. I was wondering if anyone can help me. Thank You.